Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Carers under 30...

I'll always reply to you @outlander you are my sis of course.

I can understand the tags, it is hard sometimes to be everywhere.

I like supporting other members and feel bad when I don't.

I'm just scared what they will do hun, I know I should tell and hand it over but worried of course.

@Snowie Heart
Me too, though I feel its part of my role here to reply as much as possible even though I know im only human too. Always hard on ourselves hey!

That's understandable, maybe its best though, theyre to help you. If you don't feel comfortable telling them tonight, do you think you could tell one that you trust more tomorrow? or the Pdoc when your able to see them again?
Is there something in particular your worried about that might happen if you tell them?

I know you probably feel like you have to respond but you need to put yourself first too. As a community guide it doesn't mean that you are not going through your own struggles too. I think you are doing a great job @outlander But there is a reason why there is more then one community guide, to share the workload around.

The nurse on tonight is nice and has spoken to me a few times this afternoon. My SI and SH have been getting worse as the day went on. I tired to control it but I couldn't. I guess its mostly about felling ashamed at myself that I went to it.

that is true @Snowie

yeah I can understand the shame and guilt and many other emotions that come with SH. im glad the nurse has been kind and has spoken with you throughout the day. Its up to you if youd like to tell them but it might be a good idea to talk to the nice nurse later tonight or something when you feel ok... im not pressuring you though, I know you would probably be doing that enough to yourself as it is
💙

Evening my sisters. I hear what you say about the busy forums. If you can't respond to all their questions be honest and say so. And if you feel concerned about a forum member @Snowie please report it. You aren't responsible for their actions at all although I get how that could weigh on your mind. I've often felt the same. Right now though @Snowie you have to take of your own needs. You're barely coping hun. You cant shoulder others burdens. Don't put yourself in harms way. Same for you @outlander 💜 💜 💜

I love you both so much 💕 💕 💕 💕

im not concerned about them @Sans911 Heart Just having a hard time trying to keep up with so many tags on 3 or 4 different threads throughout the day by a member (going through my notifications I now have up to 15 tags to posts just from that one member) they aren't in danger, just excited to have a support place and able to tag others Im more guessing.

how has your day been?

I'm trying to stay clear of things for now @Sans911 @outlander 

I know I need to look after me, but worry about the burden I put on others (such as you two)

The nice nurse has finished her shift now so I don't know who the night nurse is. I doubt she will have time to talk however, the are short staffed like nurses always are. I don't blame them however, its not their fault.

see how you go @Snowie hopefully with the night setting in, things will quieten down.
Yes, our health system really needs improving that's for sure!

@outlanderif they have tagged multiple members and their questions have been answered then don't feel obligated to respond. Or just use the support button. As @Snowie has said you're not the only CG. No one will judge you for not responding to every post or notification. Lots of people are being really supportive of that member and it's likely they will settle down and ask less questions in time.

And @Snowie I'm going to have stern words with you 🤨 You are NEVER a burden to me sweetie. EVER.

I have always made time for my patients if that's what they need. It's hard to do that when you're under staffed and under pressure but my patient's lives were far more important than paperwork. I remember when I was in a voluntary ward and a nurse came to talk to me for about 15mins. I remember that kindness still now after 3 years. I hope she gets some time for you. Hugs for you hun, whenever you need.

@Sans911 🧡🧡
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance