Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Support for Flowerlove22

No it's my first time  and 

The breakdown was over them crying and yelling at me at 4 in the morning 

I just have nobody else to chat about this @RiverSeal  it's a lot I am holding it in right now but I just want to cry myself  I don't know how to handle this I don't know how to keep them happy we have been watching the Wiggles all day i never thought I would sit there watching it 😂    I feels a lot I don't know what else to do with them 

I'm here @Flowerlove22 and we can work through this together. Great job on getting through watching the Wiggles all day and doing something you never thought you would do! It sounds like you are, but can I confirm if it is just, you the children or is there someone else with you today? If you are alone, when do you expect for someone to come who can help you with the children or their parents collect them?

If you are feeling emotional and want to cry, then holding on to that could be causing you stress. Do you feel like you could talk to someone while the children are having a nap? You could contact Parentline in your state or territory and chat with them: Parent Helpline | How Parentline Can Help You | Kids Helpline

What have you thought about to do when the children wake up from their nap?

RiverSeal

It's just me  my brothers partner is in hospital for a while I am the only one left my mum passed away, one is up now asking for a snack and it's only been 3_4 days I am over it already in a nice way  I am stuck for activities to do  now I am panicking , my autism is about to have a meltdown  I feel like I failed @RiverSeal  thank you so so much for being here sorry I wasted your time  everyone is now screaming I am not good with kids  and yes I am in my room crying now pasting 

Ok, so it sounds like you have been on your own for a few days with the children and newborn which would be tough for anyone. It also sounds like you have done a good job so far holding the family together in a time of need. It's ok to cry and be overwhelmed by your emotions even if the children see you. 

Let's look at you and work on your mental health @Flowerlove22:

Do you have a medication that you can take to help you prevent a meltdown? What supports do you have in place for your autism that you might be able to call on right now?

Looking after the children and newborn:

You have been on you own for a few days and it's ok to ask for help particularly when you have not done this before. I strongly encourage you to contact Parentline for a strategy to support you with the children: Parent Helpline | How Parentline Can Help You | Kids Helpline 

Are you able to care for the children right now? I'm sure they will need dinner and start a bedtime routine shortly and are you prepared for that?

RiverSeal

No @RiverSeal I am not prepared to do that  i feel so selfish  for it because I am trying to do my best for them  maybe I will take them for a drive later  I am just trying to make them happy but it's hard work I put a movie on for one as the baby and the other one is asleep and I feel my body getting warm and yes I take some pills  

I never thought I would be talking to anyone about this I feel ashamed please don't tell my brother    something in me is going to lose it at myself I don't think I am doing a good job  

I want to tell you something @RiverSeal  

Hi @RiverSeal  I didn't do anything bad  

Going for a drive later sounds like a nice idea and the children might like the trip out and settle the newborn for sleep. Might be good for you to get out of the house too and have a change of scenery. What do you think you think you can do for dinner tonight or can up pick something up when you go for a drive?

It sounds like you are doing your best and it doesn't sound like you are being selfish at all @Flowerlove22. Distraction with a movie is a great idea and it might give you some space to practice some self-care for yourself. IS there something you can do for yourself right now for self-care?

I have sent you an email to give you a private space to let me know what you want to tell me so please check your inbox.

RiverSeal

Hey @Flowerlove22 ,

Im around if you need a chat.

Thank you @RiverSeal I will reply soon 

Yes please @tyme that would help if you don't mind 

I am sorry if I said something bad I wasn't meaning too i am under pressure 

Hey @RiverSeal  I didn't get a email I sent something back I am not sure I don't know how to work emails is it under your name @RiverSeal  this name? Or under sane? 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance