Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Worry Room - Get it out, and walk away

So I've made an appointment with a new psychiatrist but I'm not expectin to receive any relief, according to a particular online psychotropic drug withdrawal forum, once your central nervous system becomes destabilized, from cold turkeying or rapid tapering an anti d, anti psychotic, or benzo, your stuck. No amount of messing with neurotransmitters will give respite and will only make things worse... Your stuck suffering until your brain can regrow the now dead, dendrites and axons, this can take months to years to achieve... I've read stories of people still suffering 9 years after stopping psychotropic medication.... Wish this knowledge was available to me BEFORE I started treatment of an antipsychotic for anxiety....... Thanks big pharma

Dear @Simack

Thanks for writing here. 

You, @Simack write this :  once your central nervous system becomes destabilized, from cold turkeying or rapid tapering an anti d, anti psychotic, or benzo, your stuck. No amount of messing with neurotransmitters will give respite and will only make things worse.

New ways of seeing things and new meds never stop amazing me. I do agree with a little of your statement .......just an idea......do you think that there is real recovery for some meds??

Is this forum you asked questions in.....moderated or can anyone say whatever they like?

You don't think your Gp is a good idea to ask these questions........

Its just an idea.....you seem to have a good knowledge what to ask already though,

:0)

Hi @Simack,

I have been on psychotropic medication for 13 years. I am in the process of reducing my antipsychotic (since last year) & reduced my use of my benzodiazpine significantly last year. I no longer take an antidepressant, but still take a mood stabiliser instead (for depression). I wanted you to know you are not alone.

My psychiatrist is helping me reduce the antipsychotic. I found her by googling holistic psychiatrist. I hope your new psychiatrist is supportive.

My goal is to be drug free.

From what I have read - some people struggle with withdrawals & long lasting effects & some don't. It is hard I know, but try not to expect the worse.

All the best,

Anna

Thanks @aButterrfly, good to know I'm not alone, things have become worse there last few days, no sleep and am increase in anxiety and feeling of internal torment, hoping this is just a bad wave that will pass soon

hi @Former-Member hi @Simack 

All friends,

I'm needing some respite. My son, my youngest son wants to move in with me for a couple of weeks. My husband is freaking, asking me all these silly questions. Like...

Where is my clothes going to go if he moves into the spare room?

What about my desk?

I understand that he has issues with his own stress levels as well....He has not just quit all bad stuff but his cigarette smoking is full on. 

Yes, I have a smaller flat....in Department of Housing, Public housing.... it's a place that will house 3 people (eek!!) 

I understand that Mr @LittleBuddha needs a lot of space 

Bdunno about the rest of the universe,meaning............. the other side of Australia; but Western Australia has  problems with homelessness with young people. I'm not going to push him out. 

Im already really overwhelmed with husband under a lot of stress from his move. 

Ive already explained to my youngest son that it can only be for a couple of weeks but he's also under a lot of pressure. 

I'm feeling under a lot of pressure. I am feeling the absolute stress of being messed over by my Step father and losing my home. 

I would be feeling rage at your step father for diddling you out of your own (bigger?) place.

I totally understand you wanting to give your son a hand .. and homelessness amongst youth is often a problem.  A few weeks safe harbour with you might be enough for him to sort out in his mind some prioirities .. so when he sets off again ... as he inevitable will ... he might be able to carve a better path for himself.  Get son to treat your partner with respect .. he doesnt have to love him .. but just focus on basic human rights.

Re your darling Little Budd ... he has plenty of supports MH, you, and his well to do mum.  Definitely but gently remind him that he is a bit older than your boy .. and can handle it... temporarily ... and then he can have .. and should appreciate you ... all to himself. 

Not saying it wont be tough ... I had a flare up with 4 days of 2 generations in a littel cabin during January ...

Even if this son has not been that undestanding of you .. you at least are modelling forgiveness and nurturing in a motherly way ... Heart

Remember, @PeppiPatty they are both big boys.

Dear @Simack @Sakurapuss @Former-Member @Billamba

I just wanted to say hi to you today,

thinking about you all......

Take care

PP

Just wanting to send hugs for you @PeppiPatty from me and the kids, and the rabbit and the kitty!

LJ

I dont think I care about my home.....I feel funny in my tummy sometimes. Lately I'm thinking about it a lot but who has the time to listen to me?

Poor @LittleBuddha is being so good to me. He constant talk is ......the condition not the person. 

Im working hard at not freaking out and not paniking. Not calling my mother. Dont call he. I will be dissappointed all the time and I've got to stop playing that game of keeping her calm. 

I went to visit my son today with my husband. All that 'good enough parenting and he's taking illegal substances...he's had diffeent stuff as well as green and .......hanging around with people who might not be good for his daily wellbeing........

I said that if he moves in he can't be using that green. What do you do ? @Mazarita .......how do you feel when you hear of people like my son using it so much? It is good or bad for their long term wellbeing? Should I not care?

It's very tiring. 

Hi Everyone 🙂 

Just a quick reminder that this thread is for people who want  to vent / dump a frustration or issue and not recieve any advice or feedback. 

Some people like to just get things out and don't have the desire to have others give their advice.

@PeppiPatty , it seems like in your last post you were reaching out for advice from others. In order to ensure you get the responses you deserve, it might be best to start a new discussion 🙂

Take care,

Nik

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance