Skip to main content

Re: Art for Healing

@StanD , I love the cat tv 😍

hello @Vanya , @Rubyrose1 , @starr , @Livethroughthis , @Daddymac , @supermodel 

@hanami is away so you are very welcome to continue this thread 

@tyme , @Jynx , @Ru-bee , @RiverSeal 

I appreciate you @Shaz51 hello🦄 thankyou for talking about my cat. She has the funniest, gorgeous personality. It's cool that you get my humour, too!

@Rubyrose1 thankyou so much for sharing what you are doing. I am definitely intrigued by 'mixed media & tin cans 😲' Thankyou for highlighting the positive power of art in healing. I needed this reinforcement. 

I notice that there is art therapy classes, however, primarily, art as tool to undo trauma, is potentially highly underrated, & possibly too often overlooked.

I wish you the best in your journey. I appreciate your positive attitude, & very much believe you will achieve your inner state of wellbeing. 

I am going through the same ATM. There are days, moments, never-ending black. Then there are moments like now, where I happened to come across your reply, & you have given me encouragement I needed, to keep going.

I am playing with watercolour & oil pastels & playing around with new instrument. I like what you wrote.

Im sorry this happened to you @starr Having your home intruded upon is awful, terrifying experience. Sorry this happened to you. I don't want to give you advice, I will tag @tyme for you. Wishing you the best.

Re: Art for Healing - HEALING SYMBOLS ACTIVITY

Hey @starr ,

Thank you for sharing. I'm sorry to hear you have felt invaded upon. It sounds so difficult and unsafe.

As much as it sounds so painful, I wonder if it's a step in the direction of healing? Of course I'm not saying that you need to share and reveal EVERYTHING, but from experience, facing some of our demons can help defeat them.

Please know we hear you and want you to feel supported.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Hi @StanD @Rubyrose1 !

Thank you for your reply @StanD  @tyme 

I contemplated your words. In order to

feel safe, I go ‘within.’

@StanD trauma is underrated, proof every survivor knows it.

It’s a daily battle of two reality’s- the real, and not real.

Never give your own power away. That was my resignation for today. It was lonely. I don’t do as much anymore. One day I’ll be helping others. 😊

Hey @starr ,

We'd love for you to join us tonight for our Sunday Hangout if you feel up to it https://saneforums.org/t5/Special-Events/JOIN-US-Live-Sunday-Hangout-7-00-9-00pm-AEST/m-p/1523328/hi...

It is on every Sunday at 7pm AEST. 

I’m sorry I missed this @tyme 

I will keep an eye out for next week.

I think you are right re: facing demons.

My experience created fear. I can be free.

I called out, an individual, the root cause. Thank you for including me, much appreciated.

Hello @starr & @tyme ❤️

@starr congratulations on finding strength to open up a little. Yes, for me, this is my greatest fear.

I love your ideas of going within to feel safe.

Huge yes. Exactly, this is what & why, art is for people inclined.

This is one of my safe places.

There are photos I feel comfortable to share, & others that I want to keep special, for myself. 

Even tho, I trust people on here. They are, in fact my family.

The internet itself, as we all know, can be an unsafe place.

I am happy that SANE exists & I am included in this forum. 

I like what @tyme said about small steps. 

I have started in last couple of days, the concept of pushing myself.

Only very gently.

Other days, it's perfectly ok to stay within my comfort zone 

Nice talking with you.

I really do believe we can be more than our history. 

Each day, moment, is new opportunity.

I am a mess. Mostly dysfunctional, unshowered, my unit is always cluttered & chores left undone. It is entirely overwhelming.

I have made amazing progress. I am not 'recovered'. I am entirely different person than I was 18 months ago. Even, 24 hours ago.

I went for a walk. 

First time!

I am really proud.

Hmmmm. Reality & non- reality. You hit the nail💅 on the head:peach: (🙃)

To let go of a lie & walk in truth.

We will get there.

I believe in you (& we always have SANE when it's difficult to keep believing. Sending love to everyone xxxx 

PS hello dear old roomie @TAB I hope life has been a 🧲 to you. Oh & I ride my motorbike first time (only 1st gear - but it's been sitting in garage for like 6 months) I plan on going to park, opens space so I can hoon (as if) 3rd gear will be massive!!

@Shaz51 @Rubyrose1 

Hello @Appleblossom , everyone

P.S @tyme do we need an art prompt? Is that your domain? I know nothing of art therapy.

I did find a very cool symbol. I swear, I draw it on both my feet, & I can feel change in energy.

I will post picture x

6612512_orig.jpg

https://healings.co.in/understanding-cho-ku-rei-clockwise-or-anti-clockwise/

images (5).jpeg

  

I don't know anything about reiki really.

Apparently, it means 'put all of the power of the universe here'

If I follow the the spiral starting from outside to line - it makes me feel like I'm keeping my power within.

There seems to be lots of variations, ie with 7 lines (spirals) to represent chakras.

Here is info on other reiki symbols too 

https://www.scribd.com/document/82936435/Cho-Ku-Rei 

I wonder if @SmilingGecko wants to share? 💕

you will get there @StanD  thanks for remembering me lol 

well done with walking and bike. 

course near halfway done here, got a lounge the other day(had plastic chair , one off for 14mths for lounge room lol )

https://youtu.be/x9rOwH2ydaI?si=sQiGVdfCQq3sTlCB

..bike clip for you lol  ok it picks up after 00;40

The Kawasaki KZ1000 Z1R was introduced in 1978 with a theoretical top speed of 138 mph and was a direct replacement for the previous model, the Kawasaki KZ900. When first released the KZ1000 Z1R was only available in a metallic silver-blue paint and was not very well received by the motorcycle ...

Love reading your updates @StanD , thanks for the tag mate 😎

hello @TAB , @starr , @tyme , @SmilingGecko