Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Cook Along

Oh great @Snowie 

I am happy that you like the idea. 
So many people seem to think cooking is fun so this is a way to have fun together. I think I will ask @Jynx or @tyme  to judge which pics look best. The best results get to choose the next recipe. The recipes can be anything but should be fairly inexpensive so more people can be involved.

@Eve7 

No worries at all hun, I look forward to you joining in when you can. I think this might be fun.

Yeah @Oaktree 🙌🏻💜☺️🌺

I think that’s a wonderful idea - happy to go along with! 🙂💜

Thank you so much @Oaktree  this is super helpful! 😍🙌🏻💜🌺

Anyone made these yet? @PinkFlamingo @Oaktree @Snowie @sheba30 @Birdofparadise8 

Hello @Oaktree I am not the best with sweet recipies, I will wait until a savoury one comes along. Looking forward to more recipes .

I'm just finishing off this banana bread recipe first. @tyme it's very yummy. 

Ingredient

• 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
  • ½ cup (113g) unsalted butter, softened
  • 2 medium overripe bananas
  • 2 large eggs
  • 7 tablespoons sour milk or buttermilk (To make sour milk: add 1 teaspoon vinegar to milk and let sit 5 minutes)
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 cups (248g) all-purpose flour
  • 2 cups (340g) chocolate chips, divided

I do self rising flour and a tsp of baking powder. I don't like the taste of baking soda. 

Instructions

• Preheat oven to 180c fan forced grease a loaf pan and line with baking paper
    • Cream butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer (and hand mixer is okay too).

• Add the bananas, eggs, sour milk, and baking soda to a blender. Mix until liquefied. Alternately, mash the bananas with a fork and then stir the eggs, milk, and baking soda into the bananas.
  • Pour half of the banana mixture into the butter mixture with 1 cup of flour and mix until just combined. Repeat with the rest of the liquid and flour. Do not overmix!
  • Stir in 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips.
  • Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips. Bake approximately 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean (test right next to the crack).
  • Cool at least 10 minutes in pan.

Chocolate in the banana bread is the best!!! Esp dark chocolate! @Birdofparadise8 

I sooo don't like cooking... or baking... or the kitchen lol

Give the recipe to your sister she can make it @tyme 

Please check the other post in the new space. I'm worried. 

All good @Birdofparadise8 ,

I've followed up.

Thanks for flagging it with us.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance