Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Far and Away

Organising my desk has moved my study off the meals table @Zoe7 ..... lol .... but having to share the meals table with my study gear pointed out my need for a desk area.  At the moment it is smooshed into a corner of the bedroom, but in our new 🤞 living space it will be in a study nook.

I have had to move out of my desk space this afternoon and “visit” the meals table again because mr. is working in his study book and has the heater up too high for me, the blinds shut which is too dark for me, and the tv on, which is too loud for me to concentrate ..... so the study nook for me in the 🤞 new living space is sounding pretty good.

We have to work these things out progressively.

It does sound like you needed the bigger sleep Hon, but hopefully that will enable you to work faster and better with the fence palings.

This new place cannot come quickly enough for you @Faith-and-Hope Smiley Frustrated so you can get things set up and not have to move about again. 

Unfortunately my IBS has been playing up again this afternoon. I took some meds and layed down on the couch to get a little relief and fell asleep again. The pain has subsided now but feeling quite flat and very unmotivated.

Watching the footy (WCE vs Richmond) snuggled under the doona with my little buddy spred out next to me. It has also gotten very windy outside - the washing is dry as a result but not ideal for moving things. I know I have to do it though nd once I get started it shouldn't take me more than an hour. Taking the nails out will take a lot longer but if I aim to do a little each day adter work then it all should be done to cut them on Thursday.

I still have marking and planning to do as well - the bonus is the Maths is already organised and tomorrow we are going to plant seeds as part of our Science unit and do some work around that ...so I have an idea what we will be doing this week - just need to get it organised. 

How is D3 today? I she improving and feeling better about the group presentation?

Oh I am so sorry to hear your IBS is playing up and causing you problems @Zoe7 .  Try to switch off about the delays with the parings and just work on what you can in terms of a priority list for today, maybe ?  I know it can be easier said than done, but otherwise it’s aiding and abetting the IBS ..... Hugs ❣️

D3 seems a little better virus-wise, but she is still stressed, and becomes emotionally aggressive ..... so I am doing (sigh) some walking on eggshells and biting my tongue, because it just escalated to a bruising state of chaos to try to push back, with her or any of the others (bar one), when they are in this way.  She will be more settled and apologetic later when she has achieved enough to see that it will all work out ..... but it’s the same pattern that has gone to another extreme with the big dragon.  

This was what big dragon was like before the extreme version triggered, and it doesn’t mean that the extreme version will ever trigger in the kids.  Their life experience and parents life experience were different, just to begin with, and they are learning coping skills that big dragon didn’t, and can’t listen to at the moment in the way he is.

It means that I am able to appreciate where she is coming from and support her through it, but then I will need to take time out for my own recovery afterwards.  That’s a pattern I am also used to.

They are all fierce in positive ways as well .....just wanted to add that in along with the whinge.

More hugs incoming @Zoe7 .  D2 has the footy on, so I am sorta tracking along with it.

Thank you so much for the hugs Hon - needed them this afternoon Smiley Sad I know I should have done the moving of palings yesterday but I really could not do it physically (or emotionally). I do seem to have spurts of energy as soon as I get home from work - possibly because the meds have worn off by then and almost inevitble because I see a smiling, jumpy little fluffball greet me with so much energy and excitement. So I should be able to get it all unpacked after work this week. Tomorrow is my earlier day home which will give me a couple of hours. I can also put the outside light on out the front and keep going when it gets dark if need be. 

I understand your predicament with the baby dragons having those aspects of Mr's behaviour as part of their make-up but they also have that softer side from you so navigating your way through the tricky until D3 is calmer and can look back on her attitude towards you will come. Walking on eggshells for now is hard but necessary to placate D3 for the moment. You know the patterns and can work with them (and around them) for your own wellbeing for the time being. Defintiely sitting with you Hon as always Heart

On a completely different note - I am going for Richmond today so we can stay on top of the ladder Smiley Tongue

Hi @Snowie How has your day been Hon?

My day has been quiet @Zoe7 

Think it will be an early night tonight.

Quiet is good @Snowie Hope you get that early night as well Heart

❤️ @Snowie @Zoe7 

How are you travelling this evening @Faith-and-Hope ? Has D3 settled down and talked to you about her earlier behaviour?

I have finished the planning for tomorrow and some for Tuesday - going to do the rest tomorrow night. Just organising the kids spelling words for this week and then I will be done. Have to get up early to get seeds, potting mix and pots sorted for our Science unit  and then get into work early enough so I can print some things out and do some photocopying. Had night meds so hoping they kick in soon and I can get to sleep early.

Still having trouble with my tummy - probably shouldn'thave eaten tonight to let it settle completely - but felt better so cooked dinner - sucks but it is what it is and I can't change that now Smiley Frustrated

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance