Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Good Morning!

Bennetts fracture? @MDT 

Afternoon @TAB @cutiepiekitty @greenpea @Ant7 @Smc @Former-Member @Adge @Meowmy 

@Molliex @Owlunar @Appleblossom @Shaz51 @outlander @CheerBear @BlueBay @Former-Member 

@Gazza75 @Angels333 @Maggie @Zoe7 @Bimby2 @Former-Member and al.

@MDT I hope you find out what it is and can be helped with it, I have trouble with my left hand and wrist and may get arthritis in it from all my computer job when I worked years ago and had a lot of trouble with it at the end of my job and ever since.

Jacob didn't go to school this morning cause my older son was fighting again around 11pm and hyped him up so by the time he fell asleep, I couldn't wake him up for school so I'm angry with my oldest and trying to tell him if he doesn't stop then welfare could be brought in from Jacob's workers and he'll get in trouble but then hell go off and say he's only play fighting and that my 13yr old is a sook and doesn't hurt him and he may go off at my youngest son, I just don't know what to say where he won't go off.

Any suggestions Please guys would be great

Hearing you @saturnzoon  sorry. I can't really offer any suggestions worth anything >I dont have kids and havent had to deal with other peoples children for a while.

Hopefully someone else here might be able to offer something

@TAB  Hey TAB how is your day going?:)

Hi @greenpea  just watching a show on Innuit and how sealskin bans affect them

Had a nap feeling off, done something to my gut, lasted a day last time, its day2 now well its better but still not right.

doctors in couple hours ok unrelated, just other checkups etc

might have another job, so place I was working for that is dragging out my request for separation cert for centrelink into weeks might not be too happy if so, but guess been here before

How are things with you?

@saturnzoon, I think you need to lay the law down to the eldest son. 

After dinner/evening there is to be absolutely no fighting or winding up his brother.  The eldest may not have to get up and go to school but Jacob does.  He needs to think before he acts and understands how is behaviour is effecting you all. 

There's a big difference in their ages and I doubt very much Jacob is that much of a sook.  I've been on the end of big brother treatment and it isn't much fun day after day, year after year.

I would suggest separating them after dinner or in the evenings and see how that goes.  It's not something i have experience with, but,  I don't think you can let things continue, as they are,  for your own and Jacobs sake.

HeartHeartHeart

@TAB  the Innuit show sounds interesting. Sometimes I wouldnt mind disappearing into the wilderness up there :). Good luck with the prospective job I hope it works out well for you. I am doing good not much news but what do they say no news is good news. It is getting hotter here which I dont like much. Often feel like relocating when the summer approaches but what can you do.

not really interested in job or employer but well applying by reflex I guess dunno @greenpea  yeah hot here then cools down again but that will happen less and less often . Have heard that the 'locals' in WA follow the sun, guess could do the opposite with a litlle bit of planning

@TAB  arent people funny following the sun .... then I think imho it is crazy to sit outside in the sun all day anyway. Is your house well ventilated?

Former-Member
Not applicable

@saturnzoon 

Just sounds really exhausting and draining.  I stopped after one boy however with my back condition & age & MI I knew it was no good to have anymore.

Possibly a session with someone else so the three of you can discuss how it's all affecting all of you?

sorry not much help as I've only got the one.  He was a handful 4-8 but is a great easy teenager.  many mums have said to me over the yrs I did the right thing cause the fighting is so tiring.

All the best finding what works tho

I find sitting down when I'm calm and chatting to my son about stuff when he's also calm is best.  Be honest and let them know how much it upsets you and that you all have to find a way to live in harmony under one roof. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance