Skip to main content

Re: Through One's Eyes

Thanks @Former-Member ..... I do like it better now.  It's one of a set that we had to do, and it's my least favourite, but much better than it was anyway .....

Art is such a gift ..... your project sounds exciting.

I hope you have a good weekend too.

Hi guys, I am new here but found this thread and thought it was appropriate for me. I love art. I paint these days and it helps me cope with living with bipolar disorder. IMG_0116.JPG

Can't see your image yet @Garfunkal but wanted to welcome you to the forum and to this thread. There are many of us here who also paint so you are amongst like minded people. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Garfunkal 
it's beautiful! Can you let me know what medium you use please. Is it pen on black paper?

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Faith-and-Hope 

what is your art course? 

I'm not sure about my project yet :face_with_rolling_eyes: I find it hard to get creativity by the press of a button. At the moment it's just thinking of a larger project, but that's it 🤪 no real thoughts of what I'm going to do! Independent of the project I'd like to play with palette knives and paint that way. I'd really like to get a gigantic canvas and paint with my hands and feet. 😃 i love colours & textures

It's a Visual Arts course @Former-Member .... TAFE through Uni 

Hi, thankyou. It's actually acrylic paint, white on black

Thankyou Zoe, I"ve just finished a series of 5 paintings. The originals are drawings I did when I was 13 and was having my first stay at a psych hospital. I decided to do an interpretation in paint. 

Have just seen the image you posted the other day @Garfunkal It is very intricate and would certainly need a steady hand - love it. 

I have been working on one painting for years - can never seem to get it the way I want it but that is the fun of the process too. It does get frustrating sometimes but that is why it is taking so long.

I hope your series of 5 paintings have come out as you had envisaged.

IMG_20200831_085202_217.jpg

Did this yesterday.