Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

That is really sad @Zoe7 and would hurt. I agree that a lack of awareness (and often an extraordinary amount of judgement) exists around mental illness and mental health related issues. I experienced it a lot with parenting and it is really hard to deal with sometimes 😏 You are taking a great approach with this and really it seems it will the school's loss to have you leave. I have a sneaking suspicion the great things you deserve, are just around the corner for you.

Haha big is sometimes too much like their mum and is a ball of 'must do', 'need to', 'have to' energy, and planning and quadruple going over everything. They've found, read and memorised policies for the place they're going to next and have lists of everything they can think of that's happening and that we need to work out :face_with_rolling_eyes: They are very excited though and I am very happy for them. It's great to see and be part of 🙂

The fact is @CheerBear that what I used to do at this school I wouldn't be able to do anyway in regards to the extra things I organised - so it is good that I am leaving as it wouldn't feel like the same job anyway. I can start fresh somewhere else and forge a new path for myself in whatever capacity I can handle. There will be no expectations or personal stuff getting in the way and that has to be a good thing. Another positive is that I will be out of the town I grew up in so all those old memories will not be 'in my face' all the time also and that has to be a good thing to continue to move forward.

I suspected Big was a lot like you from how you have described them in the past - so lovely that they take after you - it must be satisfying to see them grow and mature before your eyes and I can imagine you are very proud of them ...as you seem to be of all your LF. That is a reflection on you as their mum - you defintiely have done so much right by them and despite what you have all been through they are good people and that is what matters Heart

You are awesome @Zoe7 and are dealing with this all with so much strength. Bright side isn't always easy to see but you're finding it!

Thank you for the lovely words you often have and share. I am very proud of them and the people they all are 😊

I'm going to head out and do some being after doing a lot of doing today. Big love and hope you have a decent sleep kind of night ❤

You are pretty awesome yourself @CheerBear Heart

I am going to head off myself and snuggle up with Toby before bed. Goodnight CB - lovely as always chatting to you Heart

Dear @Zoe7

You are strong in returning to the same school, after the difficulties, and doing this stretch of part time work.  I am hoping that you gain inner reserves by looking at the situation full on, before moving on.  If it is closer, that will help with energy and time. 

Heart

I am hoping it will be closer @Appleblossom It will be nice to be ble to gwt a school that is not as far away and I can then spend more time at home doing other things like my painting. It would also save me money on petrol so only working 4 days would be ok financially. There are definitely benefits of moving schools if it is closer.

Being at the same school for the remainder of this year hs benefits also - I will get to say goodbye to the kids and they are what I do the job for - so that is important to me. Most of those that I have taught are leacing this year in grade 6 also so it does feel like this chapter of my life is coming to a close - and that is also a good thing. 

A fresh start elsewhere is what I need I think - somewhere I can be completely anonymous and although there will be a lot to learn and get used to I think that is going to be okay. I have to remember I did that with DBT and know I feel comfortable being there so I know I can do it.

@Faith-and-Hope and all passing through...

Off to the pool today. I haven't been for 2 weeks and am actually looking forward to both being in the water and seeing the regulars that go. They are a lovely bunch of people and I enjoy their company which I could not have said some time ago. It is yet another indication to me that I am improving and although I still prefer being on my own it is nice that I can be around other people a bit more too. I am not as tired today but I slept well. More planning this afternoon for Thursday and Friday as I won't have a chance to do that tomorrow. It hopefuly won't take too long but I also have some marking to do before Friday's day as that will inform where to go next and how much they have taken in. It is my last day with that class this Friday so I will need to wrap up what we have been looking at pretty quickly - will probably organise an overview of the subject material for the kids to work through throughout the day.

Hope you are doing well and will post on Far and Away when I get back from the pool.

Hi @Zoe7 

Hi again @Pepsimax Tell me a bit about what is going on for you - if you can.

Morning @Zoe7 and everyone here. Have a feeling today might be a day Zoe, though I may have things a bit jumbled up too. Either way I hope that it is one with good for you. Thinking of you 💗💗💗
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance