Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Self-Care with major Physical illnesses

sitting with you @Adge HeartHeart

Thanks so much @Shaz51

I'm still in pain, exhausted with very foggy clouded thinking.

So I've been unable to come online (forums) much.

But there's light at the end of the tunnel (I hope).

Adge

The shoulder & neck nerve pain in gradually easing - I've still not re-established my sleeping pattern.

Physiotherapist won't let me return to work, except maybe very short shifts

Because any length of driving & exertion (for more than a few hours exacerbates the injury & pain (& continues to stop me sleeping).

I've been trying (expecting myself) to go full-throttle back into work - yet I can't because that makes everything worse.

I phoned my work managers & they agree to either put me on extended leave (for about a month) - or else, have me only doing 3 hour shifts (& no driving) for the next few weeks.

Instead they then did the opposite - & sent out a roster with me working virtually full-time (every day) for the next few weeks, with 100's of Kilometres driving.

So I contacted management again - my managers said that they will "fix it" (whatever that means).

So I'm waiting to find out.

The waiting & uncertainty is making everything worse.

Adge

Something went seriously wrong in my communication with work this morning.

They demandined I get medically certified as fit before they will let me returnto  work.

Until then I'm on Permanent leave.

Only $300 per week (next 3 weeks).

Then nothing.

They refused to pay sick leave.

I've also been put back on 3 month probabtion (it appears) when I return to work (with Dr's approval).

I'm being forced to sign a new employment contract  with regular supervision by managers.

I'm in total overwhelm.

I had a brilliant anual employment review on about 2 weeks ago, now this.

I just don't understand.

Adge

Responding to you here now, @Adge. I would be in shock too if that happened to me. I've been in some hilghly stressful, desperate-feeling situations with loss of income in the past, but also know they can be survived. It might be that the best thing you can do right now is get as good night's sleep as possible. If you can get some sleep, it will probably help get your head around this better in the morning. But I'm here if you want to talk more about it at the moment.

Refer to my previous post that explains it.

I need all the support I can get @Shaz51@frog@Wanderer@Sophia1@Mazarita

Thanks so much.

This is almost tipping me over the edge.

Adge

I really would love to talk @Mazarita I so appreciate your care & concern.

But I cannot think.

Utterly exhausted.

Must go to bed & continue conversation ASAP.

Thanks so much.

Goodnight.

Adge

@Adge, tag me if you want to talk more later. I'm not on the forum that much at the moment due to lots happening in my life (mostly good stuff at this time fortunately). But if you post to me I will do my very best to get back to you, even if it's not at the same time you are online. Rest well now. 

X

X

Oh @Adge I'm so sorry. With you friend.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance