Skip to main content
soul
Community Elder

Re: HOME

Hi @utopia - all the best with your psych appt this morning. 

BDD3BA6C-1F5A-4940-92F9-A33EDAC5D6DB-12503-0000070869A9FD23.jpeg

soul
Community Elder

Hope you've had a decent enough sort of day @utopia. Any plans for the weekend?

utopia
Senior Contributor

Good morning @soul. I'm having lumch with a friend I haven't caught up with for ages. Then another load of washing. And cookyself some dinner.
Do you have plans?
soul
Community Elder

Hi @utopia - had lunch with my friend yesterday and have washed this morning so I'm one step ahead of you 😆. Not much else - I'll find somewhere new to walk to tomorrow morning, then tomorrow night my daughter and I are going to see "Loving Vincent" and grab some dinner out afterwards. 

Just thinking about what to cook for dinner tonight - maybe fish. I'll head out later and buy it. 

Hope you enjoy your lunch out today.

Morning @utopia @soul ..... 🤗💕
soul
Community Elder

Just beautiful @soul ..... ❣️
utopia
Senior Contributor

Didn't end up going out to friends for lunch @soul - anxiety got the best of me. Worked myself into a real tight knot.
Helicopter now circling cirling overhead. Want to go out to the backyard and have a smoke - but don't know who police are looking for fromtheir helicopter.
Times like these I feel vulnerable living alone. One of the rare times I wish I had a man around.
soul
Community Elder

Bummer @utopia. Loneliness can really suck can't it? Did you cancel completely or just postpone? I have only one friend that I can bring myself to see. She knows some of my story but we don't mention it anymore. We meet and she gives me a hug. I want it to last a bit longer - the only human contact I get. Not the same as hugging the pooch. 

I nearly told her that I wanted to vent yesterday but didn't want to put her in an awkward position. We were out in public and I knew I'd end up crying. 

Just came home from walking the dog. My daughter is out again and ptobably won't be home tonight. I'll have leftover lasagne - the fourth time this week. Am onto my third glass of wine. Feeling flatter than a pancake. 

Sorry - that's not very uplifting for you. What do they say? Misery loves company. 

utopia
Senior Contributor

Happy to share in your misery @soul. Sometimes it's good to have company.
Did you end up talking to your friend about what was on your mind? Sometimes it helps.