Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Share a cuppa?

Quick cuppa @ArraDreaming cos I finish at 9pm!

Me: *slams humongus hot choccie in 30s and then feels nauseous* 🤣

Oh man, @Jynx I can’t make it that fast sorry

@ArraDreaming 🤣 pfft what, you've never worked rush hour in a wanky Melbourne coffee shop? 

Haha nah I reckon you would be the sort who would take a while, and the kitchen will be absolutely trashed with hot choccie powder everywhere and way more items in the sink than you'd expect for the process, and maybe the milk carton is a bit mangled cos you had to force it open.... however it would be the absolute best hot chocolate anyone had ever had in their entire life. 

Hahahaha @Jynx you described me perfectly
every time I cook my wife loses it cause she’s like when did you use a grater? Why is there 8 bowls in the sink?
what are you doing?
I’ll be like whipping up a storm, stirring the pot with my foot while simultaneously fishing through the fridge for my random ingredients and the dishwasher door will be left open so someone trips @Jynx

Hahaha @ArraDreaming precisely! Is it even cooking if it's not left the kitchen in complete chaos? 🤣🤣

Anywho I am off! Have a spiffy evening friend 😊

Also forgot to men ghat when I cook I wear headphones so I can immerse myself in the cooking experience and not *distracted* or overwhelmed by my kids so there is probably some awful noise coming out of my mouth @Jynx

there’s this movie where the dad makes the breakfast with some like massive construction where the egg rolls down and then does this and that the toast pops up on its own using this contraption , I feel like that’s me what the f is the movie

Hi @Shaz51, I'm still dealing with the trauma that happened in Bondi Junction on Saturday last, and with the flak from that those of us with mental health issues are unfortunately enduring. Also when it happened I got very scared for the woman I'm in love with, she lives in Birrell Street which is 2 minutes from there by walking. I don't need to tell you how all of that is affecting us in the inner eastern suburbs.

We had a good rehearsal on Monday and Wednesday, and now we're on a mid-term break till Monday the week after next. We're doing Mozart's Requiem and Vesperae Solennes, Bruckner's Locus Iste, and John Rutter's I Will Sing With The Spirit.

Allso I've managed to increase my strength training workouts so that once week I'm doing an hour and a half, the other two strength training session are still an hour each. I'm finding that enough at the moment. It's important because it's at times like these, when you can be mentally and physically stronger than the people around you who are in a tizz, you can be more in control of yourself when they're not.

How are you all doing?

Hello @Abner 

Yes it was a very upsetting event and for us to continue sometimes makes it hard but we need to my friend 🧡 

Glad you had a good rehearsal, and looking forward to the final event 😀 

Well done for increasing your strength training,  how is it going ? 

Hello @Jynx , @ArraDreaming , @Spirit_Healer 

My push-ups are getting better @Shaz51, and I'm now varying them, doing ordinary push-ups, and sphinx push-ups in one workout, then diamond, bear push-ups...in another... I'm also adding plyometric exercises, and recently bought a book of The complete guide to calisthenics, and working through that.

I've also started on my encyclopaedia of body building which is giving me some great exercises I've never done before, and getting me to exercise my muscles in different ways I've never done before.. it all helps develop then properly. Resting from exercise is also very important for fitness and health, so I have two days of rest per week, and I enjoy that too.

I'm singing the bass confutatis in this next Collegium Musicum concert, and Sonia said "I know how you love angry music, Abner, so go for it with this one! Get your fury going!". So I even shake my fist at God while I'm singing it. I love it!.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance