Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: BPD and unsure

Please know we are here for you. Feel free to tag us into your responses so that we get a notification e.g. @tyme 

@ThatGuyBPD - I'm glad you were able to go for a hike. The fresh air helps I guess.

@tyme @MermaidHair i'm very grateful for you giving me some of your time. And yes honestly hiking has been the only thing keeping me level recently. What did you find that helped you? Was it just therapy? My introverted life can make things challenging like meeting new people etc, I am at times scared to be around people. One for the fear of being judged, two for the fact I know at some point I'll mess it up 

What helped? I had to come to the end of myself and understand that I was the author of my story. If I didn't like my story, only I could change it. I came to the point that I was sick of being sick. That's when I honestly reached out and threw everything into psychotherapy. For nearly 3 gruelling years, I fought everything I'd naturally do so that I could be better. @ThatGuyBPD 

Guess what? I wrote the above post DAYS ago, and realised I forgot to send it! Then I was thinking of you tonight and when I returned here to write a post to you, I realised I didn't send the message above!

Please know BPD recovery is possible. It's very possible even if people tell you it's not. I know because I've done it. However, it takes time to work through and time to change unhelpful coping strats into more helpful ones 🙂

Hope you are okay

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance