Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: 5 Day Online Event! You Are Not Alone - Crisis Advice for Family, Friends & Carers

@NatureLover thanks for replying. I'm still in early stages of finding support, SANE helpline and these forums has been my first actual contact. I have my name down for a face to face support group in 3 weeks time. 

Re: 5 Day Online Event! You Are Not Alone - Crisis Advice for Family, Friends & Carers

I'm just going to leave this link here - it's to the SANE You Are Not Alone resource, a list of Community Supports  that are available to access. There's a wide variety of supports that are available to help carers (as well as those with lived experience).

@Zanylady 

Hey @Appleblossom this portion of your post - "Sharing can be good but moral support and Solutions need to be found." Most definitely, I think it is important groups and peer settings are facilitated as safely as possible. This is a very solid point. I have heard often too from forum members of emotional wounds being opened up, but not adequately held together again for various reasons. That too is paramount Heart I am sorry to hear you're feeling negatively, you're still a valuable and wonderful member no matter how you're feeling. The newbies will understand 🙂

Yes! @Appleblossom @NatureLover @Shaz51 This thread can indeed stay open. However Community Managers will not be posting Discussion Points after tomorrow, and there will be no expectation of the CG Co-Hosts (our wonderful @NatureLover & @Shaz51) to stop by. But more than happy to leave the thread available to all who wish to carry the conversation on Smiley Very Happy

Also sorry to hear the You in You Are Not Alone felt triggering @Appleblossom we hear you and are sitting with you Heart 

@Zanylady So very understandable Heart Your amongst friends here, other people who feel this anxiety as carers as well. Do you have any support yourself? A counsellor or a peer group? 

Woops! @Zanylady I missed your response above 🙂 Well the great news is, there are a lot of avenues of support available to you. I am glad you have found us Smiley Very Happy

glad to keep going with the thread @Former-Member Smiley Very Happy

thank you for the link @NatureLover 

hello @Zanylady , that is a start my friend , and also your can open a new thread here at sane forum and share your story 

you are not alone my friend 

let me know if you open a thread with your story xx

@Former-Member @I guess when I get to go to the support group that will be peer support. I haven't tracked down a psychologist as the one I was referred to hasn't returned my calls. I could try to get a psychologist via the GP possibly, not sure if that's for caters. 

@Zanylady wrote:

@NatureLover thanks for replying. I'm still in early stages of finding support, SANE helpline and these forums has been my first actual contact. I have my name down for a face to face support group in 3 weeks time. 

That's good, I hope this is very helpful, @Zanylady 

@Zanylady wrote:

I could try to get a psychologist via the GP possibly, not sure if that's for caters. 

That's for anyone who needs to talk through their troubles, @Zanylady  🙂

@Zanylady, it does take time to get a support team behind you 

but you have started and this is soo great 

way to go my friend 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance