Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

soul
Community Elder

Re: HOME

Hi @utopia - all the best with your psych appt this morning. 

BDD3BA6C-1F5A-4940-92F9-A33EDAC5D6DB-12503-0000070869A9FD23.jpeg

soul
Community Elder

Hope you've had a decent enough sort of day @utopia. Any plans for the weekend?

utopia
Senior Contributor

Good morning @soul. I'm having lumch with a friend I haven't caught up with for ages. Then another load of washing. And cookyself some dinner.
Do you have plans?
soul
Community Elder

Hi @utopia - had lunch with my friend yesterday and have washed this morning so I'm one step ahead of you 😆. Not much else - I'll find somewhere new to walk to tomorrow morning, then tomorrow night my daughter and I are going to see "Loving Vincent" and grab some dinner out afterwards. 

Just thinking about what to cook for dinner tonight - maybe fish. I'll head out later and buy it. 

Hope you enjoy your lunch out today.

Morning @utopia @soul ..... 🤗💕
soul
Community Elder

Just beautiful @soul ..... ❣️
utopia
Senior Contributor

Didn't end up going out to friends for lunch @soul - anxiety got the best of me. Worked myself into a real tight knot.
Helicopter now circling cirling overhead. Want to go out to the backyard and have a smoke - but don't know who police are looking for fromtheir helicopter.
Times like these I feel vulnerable living alone. One of the rare times I wish I had a man around.
soul
Community Elder

Bummer @utopia. Loneliness can really suck can't it? Did you cancel completely or just postpone? I have only one friend that I can bring myself to see. She knows some of my story but we don't mention it anymore. We meet and she gives me a hug. I want it to last a bit longer - the only human contact I get. Not the same as hugging the pooch. 

I nearly told her that I wanted to vent yesterday but didn't want to put her in an awkward position. We were out in public and I knew I'd end up crying. 

Just came home from walking the dog. My daughter is out again and ptobably won't be home tonight. I'll have leftover lasagne - the fourth time this week. Am onto my third glass of wine. Feeling flatter than a pancake. 

Sorry - that's not very uplifting for you. What do they say? Misery loves company. 

utopia
Senior Contributor

Happy to share in your misery @soul. Sometimes it's good to have company.
Did you end up talking to your friend about what was on your mind? Sometimes it helps.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance