Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Depressed

@Alex32redden , are you safe right now?

I'm safe. Thanks

Thanks for the support. I'm actually trying to work out if I have BPD. I have deppression which I think causes a lot of negative emotions. And also the last year has had more hurtful things happen to me than my entire life put together. How would I know if I have BPD? Or just deppression? I'm not sure. I'm definitely a highly sensitive person and have always had intense emotions. But how would i know if i have BPD? I mean I know it's just like a label for a spectrum of emotional regulation but I want to know how i would know. Thanks and hope you can help.

@Alex32redden
have you considered checking yourself into the hospital to get yourself more support?

with BPD there is often a criteria to meet however I would suggest to speak to a psychiatrist (they can diagnose you) about it.

a lot of mh conditions overlap with many many symptoms, theres often just a few more standout features of each diagnosis that defines them

Thanks for the help. I actually don't really believe in labels like BPD etc.
I just see it as emotional regulation problems etc.
And I find the DSM criteria usually a load of ****. I wouldn't really trust someone to diagnose that. But I do know that I feel like I still have depression. Not as bad as it was a frw months ago when i was on dopamine blocking antipsychotics but I know when I feel emotionally hurt and angry it drops into a very severe deppression causing suicidal thoughts. I know that my motivation is low at all times and drops to non-existent in tne emotional episodes. I'm just trying to know if my emotional stuff is like BPD. It's the deppressive symptoms- particularly apathy, amotivation and ahnedonia that cause me the suicidal stuff. Is this like sufferers of BPD?

@Alex32redden , was just wondering how you're doing?

I'm good thanks. Thanks for the checkup. Starting a 60 day biohacking thing so hope that helps.

Am glad and relieved to hear you're feeling better, @Alex32redden , this is good news! 🙂

I had to google "biohacking" and I'm not quite sure what it involves, but I hope it works for you...

Thanks. I'm doing my own one. Pretty much everything. Very healthy eating, supplements, candida cleanse, meditation, daily sauna, morning run, cold water exposure, neurotherapy, and much more

Wow! This all sounds good...but what's neurotherapy?

@Alex32redden 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance